Are you looking for a simple way to create a website and learn how to make money with it? I show you how to get the basics of a new site up on the Web in a few minutes. We will use SiteRubix, the free website builder at Wealthy Affiliate.
These days we take the high-tech speed of the internet for granted. I recall when it took ten days to reach the stage accomplished in the video in minutes. After the video, I provide a full review of this service.
Owner: Wealthy Affiliate
Cost: $0 See Note
Premium: See Chart
For: Newbie to advanced
Rating: (4.7 / 5)
In this review you will learn about the pros and cons of SiteRubix, its features, benefits and differences between the free and paid service. I will address what makes it unique compared to other web builders, such as Wix, Weebly, and Squarespace.
Creating a free site includes receiving a free Starter membership at WA, which has no expiry date.
There is no requirement to become a paid member.
(The free account is not available in a few countries –
see note at the end of the review.)
You Won’t Find Pre-Made Turnkey Websites Here
Before describing what SiteRubix is, I would like to explain what it is not. It is not a pre-made turnkey website ready to make money instantly. I bought one of those and learned a big lesson. If you buy a cheap one, others will have a website just like yours. Often these are installed with the seller’s affiliate links and the content is not unique. You will need to know how to change the links to yours.
If you are willing to buy a unique custom built website (from $1400 to $3000 or more) you will need to know how to: add content, get ranked in search engines, generate traffic and promote your site. In addition, ready made websites require technical and maintenance tasks.
Features and Benefits
Unlike Wix, Weebly, and SquareSpace, SiteRubix is built on the WordPress platform.
- No coding required.
- Fast setup built on WordPress
- Easy to use, newbie friendly
- Change the design by changing themes
- Advanced secure performance hosting
- 24/7 site monitoring
- Protected from hacking and online threats
- Responsive and mobile ready
- Content Writing Platform
- Site Health Measure
- Site Feedback and Comments
- Theme designs – 2,700+ (Premium)
Is SiteRubix Suitable For You
If you have watched my video, you know the the website you will create is not a ready-to-go complete website set up with monetized links provided by someone else. What you get is listed below:
- Fast easy setup (as shown in my video). Your site is on the web in minutes.
- If you provide website building services for clients, easy way to create and build sites.
- SiteRubix is efficient and unique for building WordPress websites
- Simple one click method to move the site to its own domain.
- Sites can be hosted for clients at WA Site Hosting or moved to the client’s own hosting service.
- Suitable for anyone wishing to start a hobby site, a family website, or an online business.
SiteRubix [SR] Is Not A Page Builder
It is a website creation platform. Page builders – Beaver Builder, Visual Composer, Elementor, Divi Builder – are drag and drop content tools. Some page builders are built directly into themes. They add extra layers of code to WordPress, which can slow down page loading speed and make it difficult to switch themes.
SR does not interfere with the default WordPress functions or cause bloat that slows page-load speed. It simply creates the website framework. Content is added using standard WordPress functions.
Free WordPress vs Free SiteRubix
SiteRubix has advantages over the free services at WordPress dot com.
At WordPress dot com, you cannot upload custom themes, plugins or modify the code. While they allow affiliate links, they impose restrictions on the types of ads that are supported.
They also restrict what affiliate programs you are allowed to promote on your website. Another limitation is that WordPress dot com requires upgrading to their Business Plan should you wish to use third-party advertising platforms, such as Adsense.
SiteRubix does not have the above restrictions. It has the standard acceptable use policy and does not allow sites that download malware, phishing scams or any purpose that violates Local, State, Federal or International laws.
Free SiteRubix – Pros and Cons
- Free training on how to: choose a niche, add content, monetize affiliate links, use keyword tool, get ranked in search engines.
- The lessons are designed to spark your imagination and get your creative juices flowing.
- Unlike other free site builders, there are never any external ads placed on your website and no restrictions on the use of affiliate links.
- Starters can buy domains from WA Site Domains at competitive low prices. A price guarantee is included for the life of the domain. The owned domain’s DNS address can be pointed to any non-WA hosting service of choice.
- For those ready to expand their knowledge, Premium has everything needed to build an online business, including hosting for 25 owned domains plus 25 free SiteRubix subdomain sites.
- SiteRubix websites are responsive and mobile ready. Visitors will have a good experience on your site no matter what size screen they have on their device. There’s more – the SiteRubix is built on WordPress, which has a competitive advantage
- WordPress is the market share leader in website content management systems. This means access to a huge developer community and support system.
- Your website is kept optimized in the background – protected from spam, malware, hacks and malicious activity that all websites are prone to at times.
As with most “free” resources, you can expect limitations compared to premium services.
- You get only 2 free websites. You can delete a site and start another one at any time.
- There is no FTP access. (This is the case for all free websites anywhere on the web. You need to own the domain to use FTP.) Starter members are restricted to uploading files via WordPress or using the WP import/export feature.
- There is no cPanel. SiteRubix takes care of the maintenance functions for you and does not rely on third party cPanel services. I’ve listed this in the “cons” because people used to cPanel miss it initially until they realize they don’t need it anymore.
- Free sites on the web are sub domains, which means you are not the owner of the website.
- Unlike Premium, Starter members cannot host a website on their own domain, though they can buy domains with the free membership.
- Access to 12 themes. Premium members have access to 3000+ WordPress themes
- Hosting Support tickets are not available to free members. Help can be found in the community knowledge base and in WordPress support forums.
Free Starter vs Premium Benefits
The Starter membership is a great way to find out if this platform is right for you. The price is – $0. You can use the free account for as long as you wish, with ongoing access to 2 free sub domain websites, free hosting, 20 free beginner lessons and access to hundreds of tutorials prepared by members.
Being totally free, there are limitations such as limited support and not being able to host your owned domain. The Starter membership is not intended to take you the distance in building an online business, but it will get the ball rolling in the right direction.
If you would like to know everything that is included in the Premium Membership, click here to learn more.
With SiteRubix, you will have a functional website on the web in minutes. Whether you use the free setup with no domain required, or build premium websites on your owned domains, getting started is quick and easy. Click the blue button.
You may also be interested in: